Successfully SOLD by Nick Scarf - 0411 197 486
Iconic 1970s Philip Cox Design - Corner Grandview Pde
Spacious Comfortable Functional
In 1974 when HQ Holden's ruled the road and Graeme Eadie won the Rothmans Medal, this outstanding Philip Cox designed home was nominated a Category Winner in the Sun Herald House of the Year Competition.
And with such a distinguished pedigree, it's no surprise the home displays an absolutely remarkable functionality - years ahead of its time.
Key to its success as the ideal home for a large or 'Brady Bunch' family is the innovative split level design.
Unlike many homes of the era, where split level was commonly 3-4 level or half levels, at No. 124 the architect and builder have collaborated to achieve the Holy Grail of a comfortable, spacious family home with no less than 5 or 6 separate living & entertaining areas, yet the overwhelming sense is one of practicality and functionality.
It's nothing short of brilliant.
No. 124 has the perfect layout for a large, blended family where tweens and teens, boys and girls, parents and friends can be home at the same time, all with their friends, yet in totally separate areas, happily enjoying themselves.
Of course, the corner location means there's loads of parking options - 4 or 5 cars on the driveway with the overflow up on Grandview Parade, entering the home via the side gate.
When you consider the proximity to the beach, City bus past the front door, loads of accommodation and parking options, this home is a must see for big, busy families looking to get close to the beach.
• Brilliant beachside lifestyle, an easy walk to Mona Vale Headland, the beach, cafes and playgrounds
• Quality full brick and concrete construction
• Meticulously maintained and presented
• 5 or 6 living and entertaining areas inside and out
• 4 double bedrooms each with built-ins
• Master bedroom has walk in robe and ensuite (with scope to upgrade)
• The main bathroom has been recently updated
• Large kitchen dining and family room flows out to covered entertaining area, lawn and garden
• Original ground floor garage has been adapted as large rumpus room has space for pool table (included in sale), TV, weights equipment, study area and surfboard storage
• Loads of additional storage
• City bus past your front door
• Private sunny lawn and garden area
Council Rates: $1734.93 pa
Water Rates: $674 pa
Land Area: 708 sqm
Nick Scarf 0411 197 486
DISCLAIMER: The information in this media has been furnished to us from sources we believe to be reliable. We have not verified whether or not the information is accurate and do not have any belief one way or the other in its accuracy. We do not accept any responsibility to any person for its accuracy and do no more than pass it on. All interested parties should make their own inquiries in order to determine whether or not this information is in fact accurate.
- Street Address 124 Barrenjoey Rd
- Type Residential Sale
- Price SOLD $1,625,000
- Tax Rate $1,734 py
- State NSW
- Town Village Northern Beaches
- Suburb Mona Vale
- Property Type House